Salerno school community is proud of its tradition and uniform. We ask you, as parents and guardians, for your cooperation in ensuring that this sense of community, pride and identity continues to be reflected in the wearing of the school uniform.
The official school uniform must be worn at all times and consists of:
- ✓ Green Salerno school jumper with crest.
- ✓ Plain white cotton shirt or white polo shirt with collar.
- ✓ Salerno tartan skirt or Salerno trouser.
- ✓ Black or skin-coloured tights or plain black knee socks.
- ✓ Plain black flat shoes.
- ✓ Salerno school jacket with crest and hood – there are two Salerno jackets available. The heavy jacket is ideal for the winter months.
- ✓ Runners must be worn
- ✓ PE Teachers will advise regarding appropriate PE gear. Please do not purchase anything for PE until advised by your teacher. Green Salerno tracksuit pants and sweatshirt are optional and you may not need them.
- Correct and neat uniform is to be worn at all times in school, on the journey to and from school and when representing the school.
- Particular fashion trends may be deemed to be inappropriate for school by the school management.
- Non-uniform items may be confiscated.
- The school provides a set of blazers that may be made available to students for official school events.
- The Uniform Policy has been drawn up in consultation with students, parent representatives, staff and ratified by the Board of Management on February 10th 2015.